Cusp This!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Sniffles

So last week I went out every night and felt wild and young and reckless. This week I went out 2 nights and felt young and reckless but not too young and reckless (more like a college upperclassman). Today, however, I have a cold. The heat in my apartment isn't working very well, so that might have something to do with it. I refuse to blame my fabulous life-style.

At any rate, I let my boss know that I felt like crap and powered through the day getting everything I needed to get done lined up. At 3 pm I asked her to send one email for me and went home. Since I didn't take a lunch I ended up working a 7 hour day.

Now maybe I'm over-reacting but as I was leaving I told her thank you and she said, 'you're welcome.' I took this to mean that she was upset I was leaving 2 hours early. When I worked 2 hours late yesterday.

I took a two hour nap and then a friend from my hometown came over--he was only in town for the day! He's doing a touring show with the Kennedy Center and this was the only night we could get together. Besides, we stayed in and ordered pizza and a movie. That doesn't even register as reckless. That's maybe a tad naughty since I'm not totally well.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow when I have to interview people.

I believe that DayQuil will help me through. Today I went 7 hours on EmergenC, with DayQuil by my side I can surely pull one of those 10 hour days my boss has grown accustomed to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home