Cusp This!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Wrench

My sister-in-law and the 3 kids were supposed to come down to visit today. I made efforts for baseball tickets and theater tickets, and even though my contacts for free tickets didn't come through, I think I had managed to plan a pretty fun day for a 9,7, and 4 year-old. At 8am my sister-in-law called to tell me she was running a fever and had thrown up twice, and I said, okay, do you want to come down tomorrow? Keep me posted. But I have things to do tomorrow. I am scheduled to volunteer at a pro-choice orgnaization that I haven't been able to volunteer at lately and was very excited about it. I also have plans to see a friend in a play that is not 9, 7 and 4 year-old friendly. So, I can't help but feel like (because I have made plans) a boss when an employee 'calls out sick'. Sure you have a fever....

I called the contact person for volunteering to keep her in the loop. I guess we'll wait and see what happens...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home