Cusp This!

Monday, October 23, 2006

weekend of parents and some answers

So my parents were in town this weekend. It was exhausting--and wonderful--and tense--and warm. The weekend was great. My parents are after all still my parents. They didn't morph into different people from being in New York City for 5 days.

I asked them my leadership interview questions which were (to recap) 1. what are my strengths 2. what are my weaknesses 3. what is something that everyone knows about me 4. what can you count on me for 5. what can you never count on me for.

It actually took a lot of courage to ask them this. Here are a few of their answers.

what are my strengths: reliable, kind, 'reasonably well focused' (that one was dad), intelligent and caring--'a potentially profound mind' (that was my mom)

what are my weaknesses: I sleep late, I am not driven (enough), I never push myself to the edge, I am content with being comfortable, I do not go beyond what is expected of me

what is something that everyone knows about me: I am a sweet, good girl

what can you count on me for: to do what I say I am going to do.

what can you never count on my for: to wake up earlier than absolutely necessary.

It was tough to ask my parents this because they were dead on--I am reliable and nice, and I will never demand more of myself than I know I can accomplish--and I also think that I can accomplish the bare minimum. I have never set a standard for myself that I haven't met--but I've also never expected anything extraordinary of myself.

Since I'm on the topic of these questions, tonight I asked my best friend. She said

what are my strengths: I am funny, smart, and supportive

what are my weaknesses: I can be very passive-aggressive

what is something that everyone knows about me: I'm really fun when I get wasted

what is something that you can always count on me for: to listen and tell the truth

what is something that you can never count on me for: to want to get drunk at the same time she wants to get drunk

So upon having these conversations, my mom wants me to become a writer and my best friend wants me to be in an upcoming production of Romeo and Juliet.

I just want to sleep in!

2 Comments:

  • Ahahaha...its so funny to see different people's perceptions of you. It's not like your mom would say you are fun when you're wasted...unless you get watsed with her :P

    By Blogger X, at 2:05 PM  

  • Passive-Agreesive is where it's at, don't change!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home