Cusp This!

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I am super woman!

Well, I feel pretty darn good about myself today! I mean, I don’t feel particularly thin, but I do feel like my still-wishes-she-were-thinner self might be on the cusp of getting something done with my life. Yesterday I had a second interview for a position within my current company. It would be a pay raise, but I don’t know if the raise is really equal to the increased workload. So I was pretty honest about that in the interview and I can’t tell you know nice it felt to be honest in an interview! At any rate, it’s between me and one other person, and if I don’t get it, I did at least feel that they like me in my current position. Ah, praise.

After my little interview I did get to the gym, and fit in 30 minutes on the elliptical machine before I jetted down to volunteer night at PPNY! I got to stuff envelopes to members about who is endorsed by PPNY in the upcoming elections. It made me feel great. I know they always say that volunteering makes one feel good, but it turns out that ‘they’ were actually right!

Next, I hopped the train over to the Culture Project to see a play reading. I had invited JA, but she couldn’t make it. Luckily I had also invited TV on a whim the day before while lonely and scrolling through my phone book. It was a good thing I did because he brought with him CC, the enigma.

I met CC two weeks ago with TV and a few other friends. He went to college in my Hometown, Tennessee. And he was, in my opinion, really hitting on me. It was two days before I left to visit E in my ill-fated and break-up inducing rendezvous, and while it was very nice to be hit on, I was perhaps harder to get than I should have been considering the future. CC is an actor and about E’s age (younger than I) both of which I decided were mistakes not to be made again.
CC is, however, fascinating and good-looking. He seems to have similar sensibilities to me and I feel that we should definitely, at least, go to the movies. Seeing him last night, I did not get the same into-me vibe as in our initial interaction, but felt that we could at least be good friends. So, with a strong security in a friendship possibility, I think I sure would like to fuck it up with dinner and a movie. I am boy crazy. Crazy.

I think that I will attempt this great fuck up tomorrow, as I have been invited to karaoke good times that doubles as CC’s belated birthday party. How I will convince CC to ask me out is as yet undecided, but I’ll be drunk and singing ‘Let’s Hear it for the Boy.’ Talk about irresistible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home