Cusp This!

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

active

Today I electioneered for some city council dude on the Upper East Side. He is endorsed by every democrat, the New York Times and NARAL Pro-Choice NY, where I often volunteer. I closed the polls, and at 9pm when the polls closed, I was supposed to write down the numbers. I like to think of myself as politically active, but I had never closed a poll before and didn't know what to expect.

They opened up the machines and this guy read out the numbers and these two little old ladies with white and grey hair respectively wrote the numbers down on large charts. I was overcome with emotion. I felt so grateful to see this moment, and these little ladies, and think that after all (no matter how often I bitch about our current administration) I live in America. It was very powerful.

Keep on rocking in the free world, little old ladies! Oh, and bring back our troops!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home