Cusp This!

Monday, April 10, 2006

Good Stuff

To counteract Tarzan the Musical I saw Rabbit Hole with Cynthia Nixon at MTC's Broadway space. It was fantastic. Everyone in it was great, and just amazing writing. JF was in town before she jet sets to Michigan in the fall to get her PhD--which will take 5 years.

I'm listening to a CD I was given by a guy at my office who helped produce it and thinks I'm the other guy's type. He caught me on a good day, so I was like, what the hell, give him my email--with the warning that I'm a total mess and shouldn't be dating i.e. 'I refuse to let you think I will go on more than one date with anyone--let alone some sight unseen musician who he later described as a 'Teddy Bear'. I think we all know that in terms of blind dates 'Teddy Bear' = morbidly obese. Sigh. Now that I'm listening to the lyrics, we're looking at:

'I wanna build a castle in your sand'

and

'I'm a nice guy barking up the wrong tree in anger.'

Heavy sigh. Dying alone--how hard could it be? Tolstoy suggests we all do anyway.

Lord, I'm ridiculous today--at least I donated blood. I may be a depressed person, but I'm a conscientious depressed person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home