Cusp This!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Paradoxes

I have so very much to muse about and so little time to write! My new job is fantastic, and I hope that soon I will feel comfortable enough with it to blog my ass off at work, like the good old days. Until then, I think I will be reduced to quick updates. Though, maybe not. I could stay up late just yammering on about what I think I may have learned, observed, or done in a drunken stupor.

Sunday night I went to see Trailer Park! The Musical. It had good moments and should definitely be done at my high school in hometown, TN every other year. There are 5 female parts and 2 men, which is a plus, as well as a bunch of jokes that I think my next door neighbors there would appreciate. E went to see the show with me. We ended up getting dinner before and he even met me at work. He was having a bad day, and I am not mean enough (no matter how hard I try) to deny him my friendship. It also gives me that warm, fuzzy, I'm-a-better-person-than-you feeling. After the play he offered to walk me to my apartment, and I told him, 'I'm not going to my apartment, I'm going to buy ice cream.'

He ended up coming up and sharing ice cream and falling asleep on my couch when I tried to share this awesome PBS DVD I have with him. I let him stay. It was on 11 pm; he could have taken the train back to the Heights, but I didn't make him. I went to bed, and he slept on the couch and it was okay. I wasn't filled with ranker or longing, though I must admit I had pangs of each. I don't think it means anything other than in happened. That was my Sunday night.

Monday was my first day at the job and I learned a lot. I actually need to stop rambling and look over my homework for tonight. I brought the handbook home. It was lovely, and I promise I will write more about it soon.

Tonight I scored tickets to Absurd Person, Singular which is playing at the Biltmore (MTC's Broadway space). I have a friend in the show, and she is very good, but over-all, I think it's too slow, too un-British in it's timing and therefore not as funny as I was hoping. The production doesn't quite fit the style.

I went to the show with SS who is a wonderful actress and friend I went to college with. We had margaritas and a great conversation about theater, life, men, art, fear and all the things that a worth talking about. I will talk to you about all our great insights very soon.

this is Butterstick by the way. I didn't want to post an entry without a picture...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home