Cusp This!

Friday, October 14, 2005

So Done

I have completed my final day at lousy old job. I showed up three and a half hours late. I'm so fucking classy. Seriously, though, and I'll tell you why.

Last night, after going through my friendster drama, I got drunk. I was planning on going to a bar with TV, CC (trying to be friends), AW, and some others anyway. Upon flipping myself out about E's new girl, I filled a half full 20 oz. diet coke bottle to 3/4ths full with Wild Turkey. Then I drank the whole ghetto-fantastic thing on the subway down to Alphabet City.

At the bar I managed to buy $50 worth of drinks anyway. Mostly for others, or I would surely be dead. Then I kissed a girl. AW and I totally made out. Drunkly Drunkenstein, that's who I was. I managed to go home alone, because I became totally belligerent. Or I became totally belligerent because I knew I wanted to go home alone. Chicken or Egg. I was certainly not exhibiting my most charming self either way.

Then I slept through my alarm. It was 11:12 when I woke up. St. Matthew, my roommate is in Atlanta visiting his girlfriend. I felt fine when I woke up, and since I had made thank you cards for people, I went in to work to say my goodbyes. I ended up working the remainder of the day (mostly deleting files and realizing that sometimes it takes a few hours for a hangover to set in.)

Tonight I'm staying in, listening to Joni Mitchell, and if I feel ambitious doing laundry. I might get food delivered. It's so raining.

"Will you take me as I am:
Strung out on another man?
California I'm coming home."

2 Comments:

  • Who's my blogger bear? You are. Shout out to Joni Mitchell bear, that rocks.

    Listen there is a very funny book you must read. It's called "It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken : The Smart Girl's Break-Up Buddy." You'll find it at your local Barnes and Noble. On the cover is pint of icecream saying something about how you won't find him at the bottom of it.

    Oh bear, much love.

    By Blogger Raymie, at 7:49 AM  

  • So, don't you know the rules after drinking too much? Gatorade, Excedrin, and grease...To be taken first thing in the morning whether feeling badly or not...Because eventually the hangover will set in.

    By Blogger NewYorkMoments, at 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home