Cusp This!

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Auntie YB

So, I went to visit my two nephews and niece up in CT this weekend. My half-brother just got back from 9 months serving in Iraq. It was pretty interesting. I tried to find out who had armor (the woman driving the truck he traveled in didn't) how likely it would be that Iraq would be in a civil war (no way, though the Kurds will probably have a country of their own) and were there weapons of mass destruction (sure there are, we still have the receipts from the chemicals we sold them in the 80s) but still don't feel like I got the answers I was looking for. I don't know what I wanted him to say--just something definitive.

The kids were great, we mostly just hung around, watched cartoons and had an occasional tickle contest. My sister in-law pointed out that she had her first (who will be 10 soon) when she was 27 (which I will be soon). Funny since I've only just started to enjoy being single.

Kid-free and Anti-war: the best Aunt Ever.

2 Comments:

  • Nothing is definative in war...it's all a bunch of hersay while innocent civilians get killed. Ok, I'm just bitter from watching all the news from the Middle East recently. Le sigh.

    I'm glad your half-bro got back safe and sound :)

    By Blogger X, at 9:17 PM  

  • Tell us more about this one night stand...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home