Cusp This!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Don't encourage her!

Tonight I went to a "networking" event. It's a thing set up by an outside source that makes you feel like it's totally okay to go to a bar by yourself in your work clothes, talk to other strangers for 5 minutes tops and move on with no hard feelings. It was okay. In my lucky work world doing an 'after-hours event' buys you a half day off, so it's pretty much worth it. I don't think we drummed up much business but you never know.

Afterwards my co-worker and I went to get sushi a few doors down from the bar event. I recounted my latest E story to her. She was there when both the "I'm sorry you feel victimized (with an understood: you pussy)" call went out, and for the first-steps text messaging. She said, "Are you guys going to get married?" Good lord, co-worker, don't say that kind of thing!

Within 15 minutes of returning to my apartment, E called. He said, "Don't worry I'm not calling to harass you like the other night." He just wanted the phone number of someone we went to college with. As a final salutation he said, "Have fun." I was reminded of yet another thing I hate about him. You don't say "have fun" when you mean "bye" or "talk to you later." What freak world did he grow up in???

I am very aware that I need to begin dating someone new or take up knitting. There are people who can blog about knitting for days.

4 Comments:

  • What about dating someone who enjoys knitting?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:00 PM  

  • You know, dating gay guys did have it perks...

    By Blogger yb, at 7:46 PM  

  • LOL, I'm sure there are straight guys who knit....in rural Alabama or something....

    By Blogger X, at 6:38 AM  

  • Can we just poison this guy? He sounds like one of those who's never going away.

    By Blogger NewYorkMoments, at 4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home