Cusp This!

Saturday, February 25, 2006

No she didn't

I didn't go to the gym today. I really meant to. I hate that my gym closes at 7 on the weekends. I hate that my gym closes at all. I think I would take advantage of a 24 hour gym, but there aren't any close to my place.

I got to see two plays this week which was great. Defiance is the new John Patrick Shannely play; he won the Pulitzer for Doubt, which is still running on Broadway with their second cast. It must be hard to follow up a Pulitzer and Doubt is the most perfectly crafted play I have ever seen. Defiance was good, but not as good. It came across like a bait and switch to me, I thought it was going to be about race relations then all of a sudden it was about duty. Still worth seeing.

Last night I got to see [Title of Show] at the Vineyard theater which was wonderful. They had me eating out of their hand. I loved loved loved it. I'm not sure how the reviews will turn out since it has a lot of 'inside' jokes. It's a musical about writing a musical, so I think most 'showbiz types' will love it, but JH(f) who I went with pointed out it could be pretty exclusionary to people who aren't 'theater people.'

On the other hand, it's been a long time since I've even heard of a non 'theater person' even going to a play...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home