Cusp This!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

PBS!

So, In the Life is on right now. This poor girl came out in her uber-Christian town and everyone freaked out. They even had video of her consultation with her Pastor where he told her that squashing her feelings for the rest of her life would make her happier than acting on them because she would be squashing for the Glory of God. Wow. I really wanted to hit him.

I hope that girl knows that there is life outside her town. She's a hottie too.

She discussed how coming out had tested her faith, that when all the hate crimes where happening she felt that she had really been forsaken. I can't think of a time in my life where I felt forsaken.

I do remember when I questioned my parents what they would say if I were gay they said they would be sad because it would make my life that much harder and life is hard enough as it is. Or that is what my mom said, I think my dad thought it would be hot.

Why on earth can't love really be unconditional? Isn't that the point? Mother Theresa once said (and I'm totally paraphrasing) 'I have finally understood the paradox that if I love until it hurts, there is no hurt but only love.'

1 Comments:

  • Love sucks.

    So, my parents think I'm gay because I'm 33 & not married. I think they're actually praying for me to "come out."

    Me & the 20 guys I fucked last year know differently...

    By Blogger NewYorkMoments, at 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home