Cusp This!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Be gentle

I have a friend who is planning on moving to NYC. He's my actor friend, the one who I tried to talk out of auditioning for grad school programs because they are expensive and well, because I think he might be sorta drawn to plays like Brilliant Traces... I am trying not to judge (too loudly) because chances are he'll be sitting pretty on Law & Order someday.

At any rate, he's moving here in August or September or something and he wants to live with me. St Matthew, the best roommate to have walked the earth, will be leaving around that time to move to DC with his one true love to happily-ever-after-ville. I cannot live with CB though. I love him, I am grateful for our friendship, but I would shoot myself in the face after a week of him.

So when he asked me point blank today about it via chat I said, "I don't think you can live with me." Then capitulated that it was a long way off and let's see what happens, but really it's for-fucking-ever away. I think people who have not lived in NY before don't realize it's pointless to try to get an apartment more than a month in advance, and I would wager more like 2 weeks in advance.

Anyway, I just hope I've quelched that fire without incurring awful karma. Watch me get stuck with some freak from Craigslist who burns the place down and CB will say I told you so for the rest of our lives.

3 Comments:

  • I found my roomate on CL, and she ain't no freak, so there is a chance...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:28 AM  

  • Aw, Dave, that's cause your the freak. You gotta have a straight man for comedy ;o)

    I'm not knocking CL, just concerned about fate kicking me in the ass for not being a better friend to CB (though my realistic side says not inviting CB into my apt. is saving our firendship ahead of time)

    By Blogger yb, at 2:38 PM  

  • Holy shit...I had a friend who moved here last March. Same type of situation. I would have murdered her.

    By Blogger NewYorkMoments, at 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home