Cusp This!

Friday, March 10, 2006

Hesitate

Well, I hesitate to mention this because I feel like we've known about global warming so long that it's hardly news, but it looks like T is being forced to quit his job. Really, finally after 7 years at a position he has basically despised for 6, the end is here. I can't help but think it's a good thing, except that he seems to have decided to move to Germany. Yeah, how's that for fear of commitment? If one does not have a job as an excuse to not be together, an ocean makes a great excuse.

I have a fabulous idea: move to a country where I know no one, do not speak the language, do not have the right to work and find a new job. Yep, sounds totally rational. Why would one move to New York in such a situation? Why move to one of the most international cities in the world where the woman who I say I love lives and has an apartment and people speak English, where I can get on a plane and after a 2 hour flight see my family? That would just be silly.

There is nothing one can do when facing insanity. One cannot reason with it, one must simply let it run its course. Some would argue one must move on and throw away foolish hope.

1 Comments:

  • hi Tara!
    I hear you. It's just, as you clearly know, hard to give up/wake up. I have moments of clarity, or logic, or whatever, and then my little heart clings harder. I'm getting there though.
    Thanks for commenting :o)

    By Blogger yb, at 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home