Cusp This!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

nothin big

I saw a very large rat tonight waiting for the A at West 4th Street. I was waiting for the train, the rat wasn't really waiting for anything. He found a discarded, round plastic deli tub in the middle of the train with what I surmise was egg salad leftovers inside. The rat firmly planted its legs and its tail was straight behind him while he shoved his face into the container to eat. His position made me think of a squirrel. I know that they are both technically 'rodents,' but I think rats and squirrels must be more closely related. I know, I know, profound insight.

3 Comments:

  • They are and I hate them both. Damn squirrels ate a hole through my ceiling because they were stuck in the roof. But Mr Exterminator fixed that :)

    By Blogger X, at 12:04 AM  

  • I like seeing rats down in the subway. We're using all the chemicals possible to kill them, and there they are, eating stuff, mocking us. It's beautiful, really...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:14 AM  

  • Lefty, you paid someone to kill squirrels, huh? That's ballsy.

    I like seeing rats too--they are fun to watch but if I ever saw one in my building I think I might feel differently about their beautiful chemical defying nature...

    By Blogger yb, at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home