Cusp This!

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Oh, reality

Tonight I meet up with a friend of mine who will be a very important casting director soon. We saw a movie and then meet up with her employer/mentor/general friend who is an important casting director now. JH(f) wanted to have this informal sit down because she thinks I'm right for a part that she is about to assist important casting director in casting.

Life is funny. What will be really funny is if I actually get seen for it, but it is very sweet that she really believes that I'm right for. I actually did one of the initial readings for the project when I was working with the writer after graduating college.

The 'meeting' went well enough, but the best part about these sorts of things now is how little I give a fuck. I always excelled in my day jobs because I could care less and was funny and easy-going, but with theater I was very serious and much less charming. Now that I expect so much less from theater, and so very much less of "powerful theater people" things go great. I'm not saying I'll get called in, or people who enjoy my cocktail wit are pursuing me for Broadway. I'm simply saying that I, and everyone around me, has a much better time.

After my high powered evening, I came home just a wee bit not sober. A new friend had made me his friendster which lead me down the path of spending too long looking up Friendster people I only vaguely remember or care about, including E's girlfriend (who he had broken up with before Valentine's day but it seems to be back on.) That was our pattern too. He and I had a pre-Valentine's hiccup, but when Spring is in the air, it's so much easier to pretend to love someone.

My heart did race a bit, but I am happy to report that the E thing is close to out of my system. I'm still not looking forward to running into him on the street, but I am better.

T is another story, but there was also a real aka mutual relationship there. I think it's fair to expect more time on that front. But spring is spring, we've had a few days of gorgeous weather, and I'm beginning to do some blatant man gazing--which, I maintain, never hurt nobody. :o)

2 Comments:

  • Thanks Tara!

    By Blogger yb, at 10:55 AM  

  • I can't wait until we get some great weather here.....I need some sun for the man-gazing ;)

    By Blogger X, at 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home