Cusp This!

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Nightmare

I woke up this morning from a horrible nightmare. I can't shake the dread. It basically boiled down to the feelings that I didn't matter. I don't flatter myself that I'm important in my little life, but this dream was that nobody cared at a total isolation It's hard to describe dreams, or maybe the terror came from the feeling that I had been given up on, abandoned.

I tried to go back to sleep and re-dream it. My mother swears by this technique. You re conjure the dream and deal with it. I was able to get back to sleep, but I just woke with less pronounced anxiety.

In other news, I saw a fantastic play yesterday: Souvenir. It closes today. It was a beautiful, intimate show that should have never played a Broadway house. I think it would have been a hit off-Broadway. It's about Florence Foster Jenkins who was the William Hung of her generation. It was a great story and showed so much admiration for the type of the people who don't care what we think of them. Then I had a nightmare about how much I care what people think of me.

At the bottom of the Florence Foster Jenkins link you can hear a sound sample.

2 Comments:

  • I hate nightmares! I had one over the weekend, too. It was about a guy breaking into my house and I was so frightened I couldn't move. I woke up and fell back asleep to dream I was Carrie in Sex and the City. Riiiiiiight.

    By Blogger X, at 7:56 AM  

  • Now that's a total upgrade! You and my mom could write a book.

    By Blogger yb, at 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home